Our Mission & Vision
The Division of Nursing offers the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, Master of Science in Nursing, and Post-Master's certificate.
The mission of the Division of Nursing is to provide quality undergraduate and graduate nursing education within an urban setting that prepares students for nursing practice as a generalist or advanced practice nurse within diverse local, national and international health care settings. The faculty places an emphasis on the education of individuals from under-represented groups. The faculty promotes the development of students for leadership in the practice of nursing in service, education, and research within a global community. The faculty engages in leadership roles in the practice of nursing in service, education, and research.
The Division of Nursing will be a unique nationally and internationally recognized center of excellence in education for preparing underrepresented students for leadership in service, research, education and public policy.
Goals of the Division of Nursing
- Offer baccalaureate nursing education and support services through a variety of pathways based on sound nursing theory and a balanced foundation in the sciences and liberal arts preparing graduates to provide evidence-based care for culturally diverse groups in entry-level professional nursing positions.
- Offer master's and post-master's education programs in nursing and support services through a variety of pathways based on sound nursing theory and a balanced foundation in the sciences and liberal arts preparing graduates to provide advanced practice and leadership roles in evidence- based care for culturally diverse groups.
- Support efforts to engage in research of a disciplinary or interdisciplinary nature that gives special emphasis to reducing health disparities locally, nationally, and globally.
- Strengthen efforts to increase private support for academic programs and&services.
- Foster participation in community service that addresses a variety of professional and health-related needs within a broad sociocultural and geopolitical environment.