Graduate Nursing Program Outcomes
The graduate of the Master of Science nursing program at Howard University Division of Nursing will:
1. Synthesize knowledge from theories and research and evaluate its relevance for application within a selected area of nursing practice for populations across the lifespan.
2. Implement comprehensive health care delivery to culturally diverse groups based on a theoretical framework using advance knowledge and skills inclusive of environmental and community characteristics along with life stage development.
3. Assess, diagnose, and manage clients (and families) across the lifespan along the health-illness spectrum.
4. Implement leadership strategies which prescribe, decide, and influence changes in nursing and health care in response to local, national, and global health disparities.
5. Synthesize the advocacy role as an integral part of advanced nursing practice.
6. Define and integrate the scope of advanced nursing practice through involvement with legislative, regulatory, ethical, and professional standards.