Current Size: 100%
Graduate Physical Therapy (DPT)
Doctor of Physical Therapy
The Physical Therapy program offers an accredited program leading to a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree. Graduates of the program are eligible to sit for the state licensure examination and are entitled to full membership in the professional organization, the American Physical Therapy Association. Information regarding state licensure can be obtained from the individual licensing boards.
- Licensure: The ultimate NPTE pass rate for 2016 and 2018 is 88.4%.*
- Graduation: The 2018 graduation rate is 83.3%; the 2019 graduation rate is 73.6%. The two-year average graduation rate for 2018 and 2019 is 77.4%.
- Employment: 100% of graduates seeking employment as physical therapists from 2018-2019 have been successful.
*The Physical Therapy program did not admit a cohort in 2015; therefore, there was not a graduating class in the Fall of 2017.
Howard University is accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
The Doctor of Physical Therapy Program at Howard University is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE), 1111 North Fairfax Street, Alexandria, VA 22314; telephone: 703-706-3245; email: email@example.com; website: http://www.capteonline.org. If needing to contact the program or institution directly, please call Dr. Revenda Greene at or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
*The program’s current status is probationary accreditation; for more information see http://www.capteonline.org/WhatWeDo/RecentActions/PublicDisclosureNotices/.
1111 North Fairfax Street
Alexandria, Virginia 22314 Telephone:
Email: email@example.com Website: http://www.capteonline.org.
The following requirements must be satisfied for admission:
- Applicants must have received a baccalaureate degree in any field, from an accredited institution prior to start of classes in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
- GRE is required. Send a PDF copy of scores sent from testing center as part of the application package to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Possess a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 in all required prerequisite courses. No required courses with a grade below "C" are accepted.
- Possess a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA in the required math and sciences courses.
- Math and Science courses must have been completed within seven years of application.
- Complete the PTCAS application and all other admissions requirements by the deadline (December 15th).
- Create a video presentation lasting no more than 5 minutes. Upload the video to YouTube and include the link with application package materials
- Fully complete other supplemental application items and upload your entire application package to email@example.com utilizing the following heading in the subject line: HU DPT Applicant Package 2018-(Last Name, First Initial)-(Your PTCAS #)
- Paper applications WILL NOT be accepted
- The Admissions Committee may invite candidates who meet the admission requirements for an interview.
- Candidates will be selected following a competitive evaluation process.
Please refer to the Howard University DPT Admissions FAQ Sheet for more information and specific instructions. Email questions or concerns to firstname.lastname@example.org
Physical Therapy Department
Howard University College of Nursing & Allied Health Sciences
Washington, DC 20059