Current Size: 100%
Graduate Physical Therapy
Doctor of Physical Therapy
The Howard University Physical Therapy program offers an accredited program leading to a Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree. Physical therapists (PTs) are health care professionals who diagnose and treat individuals of all ages, from newborns to the very oldest, which have medical problems or other health-related conditions that limit their abilities to move and perform functional activities in their daily lives.
The following requirements must be satisfied for admission:
- Applicants must have received a baccalaureate degree in any field, from an accredited institution prior to start of classes in the Doctor of Physical Therapy program.
- GRE is required. Send a PDF copy of scores sent from testing center as part of the application package to email@example.com.
- Possess a minimum overall GPA of 3.0 in all required prerequisite courses. No required courses with a grade below "C" are accepted.
- Possess a minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA in the required math and sciences courses.
- Math and Science courses must have been completed within seven years of application.
- Complete the PTCAS application and all other admissions requirements by the deadline (December 15th).
- Create a video presentation lasting no more than 5 minutes. Upload the video to YouTube and include the link with application package materials
- Fully complete other supplemental application items and upload your entire application package to firstname.lastname@example.org utilizing the following heading in the subject line: HU DPT Applicant Package 2018-(Last Name, First Initial)-(Your PTCAS #)
- Paper applications WILL NOT be accepted
- The Admissions Committee may invite candidates who meet the admission requirements for an interview.
- Candidates will be selected following a competitive evaluation process.
Please refer to the Howard University DPT Admissions FAQ Sheet for more information and specific instructions. Email questions or concerns to email@example.com
Physical Therapy Department
Howard University College of Nursing & Allied Health Sciences
2041 Georgia Avenue, NW
6th floor, 6W
Washington, DC 20059